Wednesday 3 September 2014

Hear Me Universe!

So I've had a crisis of belief lately...actually strike that, I've had an ongoing crisis of belief since I started writing again, something like five years ago. The belief I speak of is whether or not I have the right to call myself a writer.
I'm a pessimist at heart, I have been for as long as I can remember. Ultimately, I know what I am, but as for believing it, and acknowledging it to the world... that's a whole different matter.
I mean, it's not like I haven't been writing stories since I knew how to write. They might not have been that great, but...and at the age of twelve I started writing my first screenplay, a year later I submitted scripts to both Xena: Warrior Princess and to Star Trek: Voyager! Needless to say neither got any response and I get red-faced reading them now, but I WROTE them!
At 17 I finished writing my first stage-play...it's still under revision, but I WROTE it! The end of my A-levels and my first attempt at university killed off my writing instinct, but once I dropped out of uni I began another screenplay. It's still not finished but I WROTE it.
Since then I've written a dozen short stories, I've got screen-plays, stage-plays, more short stories, and plenty of novels bashing around my brain. By contract, I'm even a staff WRITER for Milliver's Travels.
So you know what? FUCK IT!

AM A WRITER!


SO FUCKING BITE ME UNIVERSE!